- More than 34 million caregivers provide care for a family member over age 50 in the United States (AARP, 2015).
- Most caregivers are unpaid family members and approximately 15% are long-distance caregivers.
- Often caregivers put their family’s needs first resulting in caregiver stress, isolation, and health issues.
- Caregivers need support as they balance meeting family, work, and personal needs.
- Caregivers can find the resources and information they need to connect with appropriate supports and services.
Tip Sheets & Tools
- Virginia Family Caregiver Solution Center
- Caregiver Online Support Groups
- Caregiver Resource Center: AARP
- Next Avenue Caregiver Support